Building Green Real Estate Course
WHAT: Building Green Real Estate Course
WHEN: 9am - noon Wednesday, April 19th
WHERE: The Henderson County Chamber of Commerce located at 204 Kanuga Rd. in Hendersonville
This Building Green Real Estate program is offered as a collaborative of the Land of Sky Association of REALTORS, the Henderson-Transylvania Home Builders Association and the WNC Green Building Council. Participants in this course will leave with an understanding of the following topics:
- An overview of green building criteria including site, energy, water, indoor air quality and materials.
- The health, economic and environmental benefits of green building.
- Local, federal and utility incentives available for clean energy upgrades.
- How the MLS has changed to incorporate green features.
- How to market to and converse with clients interested in healthy, efficient homes.
The course will be taught by Sam Ruark-Eastes, executive director of the WNC Green Building Council. He has worked for a variety of organizations involved in green building for 18 years, including local governments, nonprofits, conferences and small businesses.
To register contact the HTHBA Office at 697-9513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.